Thursday, August 09, 2007

Bike Trailer

We bought a bike trailer a couple of months ago to haul the girls around. It works great and doubles as a pretty good all terrain stroller. They seem to like it, although I'm too nervous to take it very far around cars. I used to laugh at the "baby-on-board" signs overly concerned parents placed on their vehicles. I always thought I didn't want to collide with anyone regardless of who or what they were driving around. But when I take my girls out I'm always on the watch with my precious cargo.

I pulled the girls around Discovery Park and visited the beach. The sand was more exciting than the passing submarine. All the while I didn't realize the work I was in for hauling me, my bike, the trailer, and two girls up the GIANT hill away from the water back to the parking lot. As I set my granny gear in the lowest possible setting, I sweated up the hill listening to the giggling girls trailing behind me. No need for an ipod, the laughter was all the music I needed.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home